4. Player Safety and Sportsmanship: League demonstrates a commitment to the safety of their players by publishing and promoting current information related to healthy lacrosse activity. League provides a detailed, written sportsmanship policy to players, parents, coaches, officials and administrators.
♦ Program publishes information in a consolidated format for players, coaches and parents: (all provided by USL)
• Drink 17-20 ounces of water 2-3 hours before exercise
• Drink an additional 7-10 ounces of water 10-20 minutes before exercise
• Drink early
• As a general guide, drink 7-10 ounces of water 10- 20 minutes.
• Do not wait until thirsty; to maintain hydration, need to drink beyond thirst.
• Drink enough fluids to replace any weight loss within two hours of completion of activity.
• For each pound of weight loss, drink 20-24 ounces of a sports drink.