It is HRLax policy to provide every lacrosse player with a safe and enjoyable lacrosse experience. Therefore, every coach must successfully complete an NCSI background check prerequisite to a team assignment. Additionally, ALL coaches (Head or Asst) are required to complete specific US Lacrosse educational courses before the start of the 2018 HRLax season.
To adhere to this HRLax policy all coaches must:
1. Maintain a current US Lacrosse coach membership valid through June 2018.
2. Obtain a “cleared” NCSI* background check via the HRLax Coach Registration module. To learn more about the NCSI background check scroll to the bottom of the page.
1. US Lacrosse Coaching Education Program (USL CEP) Level 1 Online Course (log into your US Lacrosse account to proceed to online courses - this is FREE)
2. Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) Double-Goal Coach Online Course (Contact BHS/aj.smith@hrlax or GHSemail@example.com for coupon code)
3. NFHS free online Concussion Training Course (Free)
4. All Head Coaches are required to be US Lacrosse Level 1 Certified
To achieve USL CEP Level 1 Certification one must complete the US Lacrosse Coaching Education Program Level 1 Live Clinic in addition to completing the above one-time requirements.
COST OF Level 1 and Level 2 COURSES are FREE to all HRLax Registered Coaches: click HERE to register after first registering as a coach
USL CEP Level 1 Live course: January 27, 9:00 AM - 12PM Location: Norfolk Collegiate, Norfolk VA
USL CEP Level 2 Live course: POSTPONED FROM January 28, 9:00 AM - 4PM Location: Norfolk Collegiate, Norfolk VA TO BE RESCHEDULED IN MARCH 2018
ALL requirements must be completed PRIOR to the first day of practice.
If you are interested in coaching for HRLax during the spring 2018 season, please contact the appropriate Commissioner listed below:
Girls High School Commissioner:
Boys High School Commissioner: